I’m happy to report that one of my favorite topics to write about has finally been published a book length guide titled the Awesome Guide to Mac Automation.
This guide is for Mac users who want to get more done on their Mac with less work. It includes step-by-instructions for using Apple’s smart automation technology, including smart folders, smart albums, smart playlists, and it’s free automation application, Automator.
Among other things you’ll learn how to:
- Use smart folders to manage your files and folders
- Using iTunes’ smart playlists to organize your music
- Find the photo your looking for with iPhoto
- Sort your email without any effort, using Mail.app’s smart filters and folders
- Using Automator to script without any programming knowledge
The guide is free, and I’m in the process of writing a professional version of the guide that will introduce advanced automation programs, including Quickeys 4.0, Hazel, and AppleScript.
The guide can be downloaded for free from MakeUseOf.com.